There’s always a lot going on at the museum.
We’re now working towards Arts Council England Accreditation. This is the UK’s quality standard for museums. We’re currently refreshing our forward plan and reviewing and improving how we manage and look after our collection.
We’re also continuing to improve how we operate our narrow gauge railway and we will be introducing regular running days this year. Another new area of activity is around developing how we better manage our woodland for people, nature and heritage.
If you’d like to help with any of the following
- Installing new welfare facilities for the volunteer team
- Survey of woodland topographic and flora and forna
- Development of the museum’s education experience
- Maintenance and operation of the narrow gauge railway
- Upkeep and maintenance of museum artefacts
- Greeting visitors and providing information about the museum
then please click here and fill out the ‘contact us’ form. No prior experience is required – we’re just looking for people who enjoy the outdoors and who’d like to be a member of a proactive group of volunteers.